[MLB-WIRELESS] The Automagic Firmware Builder

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri Dec 15 21:32:00 EST 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 8:53 am, Dan Flett wrote:

> Hmm, interesting.  The original version of the Freifunk Firmware web-based
> firmware builder ("ff.cgi") did explicitly state "Content-type:
> application/octet-stream" as the header, and then labelled the bin file
> download as "Content-Disposition: attachment". If found that this didn't
> work for me in either IE or Firefox.

Interesting!

> One of the first things I did when I started to revamp ff.cgi in preparation
> for the MW firmware builder was to remove the octet-stream header - ff.cgi
> worked just fine after that for me.

Did you try keeping the MIME-Type header and loosing the Content-Disposition:
header ?    I wonder if that was what was causing the problem..

> I think Sven-Ola Tuecke (the Freifunk Firmware lead developer) works under
> Linux mainly so originally it would have worked for him.

Yeah, I'm running Linux here (using Konqueror under KDE).

> Some more cross-platform testing is needed, obviously.  And as Tom said, the
> PHP version may handle this better.

Well I'm more than happy to help out if you like!

Thanks for all this!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP