[MLB-WIRELESS] The Automagic Firmware Builder

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 08:53:29 EST 2006

Hmm, interesting.  The original version of the Freifunk Firmware web-based
firmware builder ("ff.cgi") did explicitly state "Content-type:
application/octet-stream" as the header, and then labelled the bin file
download as "Content-Disposition: attachment".  If found that this didn't
work for me in either IE or Firefox.  One of the first things I did when I
started to revamp ff.cgi in preparation for the MW firmware builder was to
remove the octet-stream header - ff.cgi worked just fine after that for me.
I think Sven-Ola Tuecke (the Freifunk Firmware lead developer) works under
Linux mainly so originally it would have worked for him.  Some more
cross-platform testing is needed, obviously.  And as Tom said, the PHP
version may handle this better.

Cheers,

Dan