[MLB-WIRELESS] GPS Re: dealsdirect Transcom description updated

Kim Hawtin kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au
Fri Dec 8 14:51:01 EST 2006

Hi guys,

Gary Winder wrote:
> Might be cause for return!
>
> Anyway, all I want to be able to do with it is stick a sim card in it and
> get the GPS location out of it when you ring the phone number.
>
> If I can rig it to also be an in car phone then that's even better.

So, have folks have a play with the GPS receiver for $39.95?
  http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/global-positioning-receiver-gps/

Been looking at one of these, to hook up to a WRT54G+15dBi dish for
a site auditing tool =) mainly to get a site hooked up to the airstream
backbone ...

Any ideas on what software is suitable?
Perhaps gpsd and gpsdrive?

cheers,

Kim
--
Operating Systems, Services and Operations
kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au