[MLB-WIRELESS] PoE Injectors

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 1 17:01:30 EST 2006

Can't help with that Ben, but here's something possibly useful homebrew PoE
for 12V access points.

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=S9750

It's designed for security cameras, but I think it'd work with WRT54G's just
fine - allowing you to power the router over a long length of CAT-5.

It'd be nice if there was something like this that output 5V instead of 12V
- then we could power 5V routers and APs such as the R100 and WL-HDD via
CAT-5.

Cheers,

Dan

View my blog: