[MLB-WIRELESS] Captive portal

Michael Borthwick holden at netspace.net.au
Thu Oct 13 12:18:45 EST 2005

On 13/10/2005, at 11:52 AM, David Ashburner wrote:

> So, who's using one and what are you using?
>
> I want to offer a broader range of access to MW members than a
> leacher passing by.
>
> I played with NoCatSplash a while back but it doesn't have any
> authorization mechanism behind it.
>
> Is there a way we can validate users against a MW service? Do we
> have a radius server running that could be accesed either through
> MW or via the Internet ( for Nodes that are not on the backbone yet)
>
> What was being used at the monthly meeting in August?

I have been looking at zonecontrol to sit behind the AP-3 in the bar
I am involved with in the city, as I don't want to expose the
internal network to users of the hotspot. It runs nocat and does
wirewalling. Needs a 486 with 128MB RAM

Vak and Steve have suggested using a WRT as a smaller footprint
solution and I think you can run nocat on that.

If anyone would like to get practically involved in the supply and
configuration of a solution we have Mountain Goat on tap :-)