[MLB-WIRELESS] Linksys WRT54G and Telstra Bigpong Heartbeat

David Smith dwsmith at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 5 10:44:11 EST 2005

I recall a message a while back about problems with the WRT54G and the
Bigpong heartbeat.  My unit has been pressed into service on the Telstra
Cable and I now have a problem where it locks out occasionally (every
few days, usually around 5pm - busy time).  It needs a "Disconnect" and
"Reconnect" to bring things back to life.

I have not entered the Heartbeat Server name in the Linksys setup, which
  I recall was advised in that earlier email.

I'm running the latest Linksys firmware (v3.03.6).  Can anyone suggest
firmware that will work OK with Telstra (and more features would be OK
too ;-))

Regards,
David Smith