[MLB-WIRELESS] Proxim 802.11a AP's

Tim Hogard thogard at knotty.abnormal.com
Sun Mar 20 21:34:55 EST 2005

> > Some 802.11a gear will work on the 5.7 band which is legal even though
> > 802.11a offically isn't in that band.
> >

> >From the standard, section 17.1
>
> "The radio frequency LAN system is initially aimed for the 5.15-5.25,
> 5.25-5.35 and 5.725-5.825 GHz unlicensed
> national information structure (U-NII) bands"
>
> I would have read that to mean that the 5.7-5.8 GHz bands (where the
> indoor, 200 mW limits don't apply) is part of the official standard.
I have the proposed ammendements here and they cleary use the words
"used indoors" anytime 5150 to 5250 MHz is mentioned.
That is "To be AS/NZS 4268:2003/Amdt 1)
Radio equioment and systems -- Short range devices -- Limits and
methods of measurement.

I've just read the current AS/NZS 4268:2003 and it also only mentions
5.2 GHz as being indoors and limited to 200mw EIRP.

And I'm not sure what that other standard I mentioned was.

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com