[MLB-WIRELESS] Proxim 802.11a AP's

Tim Hogard thogard at knotty.abnormal.com
Sun Mar 20 17:37:51 EST 2005

> A few people asked about the Proxim Ap I had at the monthly meeting.
> go to networking and scroll down to proxim  802.11a
> Customs were Ok, - I declared them the carry back limit is
> now $900 and I was well inside that.
Remember that 5.15 -> 5.25 is only legal indoors.  The ACA has other
users for that band out doors however they are reconsidering.  If
they come knocking at your door, you are looking at the potential for
substantial fines.

The 5.2 frequency used to be only for sat uplink for sats over the
pacific.

Some 802.11a gear will work on the 5.7 band which is legal even though
802.11a offically isn't in that band.

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com