[MLB-WIRELESS] internet tunnelling between nodes

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Mon Mar 14 02:28:21 EST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Mark Aitken wrote:

> This would defeat the purpose of the Melbourne Wireless's concept of a
> free metro wide network.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I specifically mentioned flatrate and large
limit plans to imply that there was plenty of headroom for an EXISTING
internet connection to include a tunnel. There's no additional cost so
long as the tunnel is suitably managed, to ensure that it will never
impact on transfer speeds or account limits.

For example, I have a 1500/256 DSL link with 20Gb per month included. We
don't even download 5 gigs a month.

Cheers.