[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Access, was: New node, very interesting stumbles.

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Mon Jun 27 21:00:44 EST 2005

At 08:38 PM 6/27/2005, Brenton D. wrote:
>Another thing about letting passer by use your net and Acceptable usage
>policy, If you run Nat on the internet box how is your isp going to know
>what is happening on your side of the network?

Well, I can't recall the words, but the meaning I got from them was you
weren't allowed to "re-share" the Internet connection outside your property.

And good point re NAT.  Actually, early Linux kernels _did_ give away the
presence of NAT'd machines when masquerading was used (because all traffic
came from a port in the 61000-65000 range), distinctly different to
localhost activity.  I don't think that's the case now though.

It makes one wonder how they hope to enforce such an AUP...

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com