[MLB-WIRELESS] hacking MSI RG54G2 - what it looks like inside

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 13:22:46 EST 2005

>I got it from MSY (www.msy.com.au). Are you sure you want the 54Mbps
>hardware? It's still listed on Minitar's site and a new case style has
>just been released, so it appears to be a current model. Sure you don't
>want the older 802.11b version? :)

Thanks for the link. msy seem to have a lot of cheap stuff!

Hey, are you saying I'm a lightweight and can only handle 11b? :)

>Minitar have just released a new version (with a new case), coincidentally
>so have MSI.

They have indeed, but I think it is a totally diferent unit inside. The new
MNWAPGR uses the ralink chipset now, whereas the old one MN54G4R uses
intersil the same as yours.

What got me interested here is the unpopulated Mini-PCI connector. Now that
would be cool, adding a second radio :)