[MLB-WIRELESS] hacking MSI RG54G2 - what it looks like inside

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Fri Jul 15 14:01:18 EST 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Brenton D. wrote:

> Minitar just seems to have an extra light on the left.

Oh, and that's the only hardware diff? ;)

I suspect that the Minitar I found and the MSI RG54GS2 are identical. I
have the G2; the GS2 adds a print server. That's what the USB port would
be for.

Minitar have just released a new version (with a new case), coincidentally
so have MSI.

There's plenty of hacking info on the older 11b Minitars, but not the new
ones... seems they run proprietary firmware. :(

Cheers.