[MLB-WIRELESS] Greetings...

Jonathan Gray jsg at goblin.cx
Wed Jul 20 21:12:10 EST 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 08:18:08PM +1000, Daryl Knight wrote:
> Have an interesting problem... well maybe not that interesting...
>
> some time back I acquired an RALINK5200, some no name thing from jaycar... I
> was wanting to put this thing into an old bx motherboard, however when its
> in, the box refuses to boot, although it does mostly power up, also when it
> does boot it can't see the card... this is a problem as the card works in
> another box no problem... any ideas on cause or solution?  Only  thing I can
> think of is that its trying to suck to much power in...
>
> Anon, Daryl

These devices need a machine with PCI 2.2 or greater so old pentium
machines aren't likely to cut it.  I think the 3.3v behaviour was optional
with earlier versions of the spec and later made mandatory.

This is mentioned in the OpenBSD man page for the RT2500 driver.
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ral&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html
I'd be interested in a product/model name if your device
is not listed in the RT2500 device list in that page.

Jonathan