[MLB-WIRELESS] Linksys WRT54GS plugged into a switch?

Bryce W bryce at brycesworld.com.au
Thu Feb 24 15:18:00 EST 2005

Im about to buy a Linksys WRT54GS to run on my home network, then
evenutally up on a mast on my roof but first I have a small question.

Are the WRT54GS's able to be plugged into a network switch and be used
just as a AP (no routing)?

Ive asked a similar question here before about the 54GS working just as
an AP but I need to know will it work as an "AP on a switch"

I need to be able to access the internet wirelessly (from my lappy).
Currently im borrowing a little Minitar AP which is working with my
existing network design fine.
I just want to make sure the WRT54GS will work the same, my network
topology is:

[ Internet ] -----> [ Physical Linux firewall ] ------> [ switch 1 ]
-----(this line is a switch uplink)-----> [ switch 2 ]

|                                                                    /
               \

[ 3 computers ]                               [ 3 more computers ]    [
Proposed AP ]

\

                                  \

                             [ lappy on wireless ]