[MLB-WIRELESS] Building my mast.

Phil NodeHPL zoiqq at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 14 10:57:46 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm in the process of gathering the components for a new mast.

My design is interesting, but arent they all. First I will be building a telescopic mast where the mast is in lengths, which could then retract into each other, 4 lengths in total, 3 as the mast - 1 short one and the top which would rotate. Two sets of guy wires will be attached to the mast, 1 set just below the antenna's at the top, the other at the joint between the 2 long upper poles.

The thoery is that I would be able to drop the antenna down (much like say a car radio antenna) such that the top section where the antenna's would be mounted, would be at a workable height at the top of my roof.