[MLB-WIRELESS] Newbie question, about Access Point Brand Recommendations

Bryce W bryce at brycesworld.com.au
Sat Feb 5 13:35:15 EST 2005

My question is, can anyone recommend some good wireless access points
that you actually have used or own and had good experiences with?

I am looking to buy a Wireless Access Point for my house, for now to
just use normally as anyone else would but then eventually put it up on
a pole on my roof with some directional antennas. I like the Linksys
WRT54GS because of its firmware hackability however I believe it assumes
that it is directly connected to the internet (my setup has a linux pc
as the net connected pc, so the WAP will be on a switch port behind it).
 Will the Linksys run fine as just an AP behind an existing network and
not a wireless net router? Anyone have any comments on the Linksys? or
know any other good brands?

                                                 - Bryce W