[MLB-WIRELESS] Using optusvision antenna for wireless?

John McClumpha john at incitegraphics.com.au
Sat Feb 5 02:22:13 EST 2005

Well we pulled the antenna down this evening - only to find that it
wasn't for the optus vision - but was a redundant galaxy antenna -
identical to the one in the video... so with the guidance of the clip
we modded it accordingly (although using RG6 instead of LMR400)

Using the lower quality cable, the antenna at approx 8' height and the
AP end of the lead simply wrapped around the contact (I've really got
to get me a TNC connector suitable for a linksys WAP54G - can anyone
help?) the initial test results were awesome!

while I'm at it can anyone help me with sourcing a length of LMR400?

next tests to be done with antenna mounted on top of the 8' mast on
the roof with proper cabling and connections

Once I've had some rest I'll write some comments regarding the modding
of the antenna as we came across a couple of simple ways to make the
difficult parts of the task much easier :)

Thanks again

John