[MLB-WIRELESS] WEP vs MAC Filter vs WEP + MAC Filter

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:08:51 EST 2005

Not to disagree with the advice on maikng your networks relatively secure
from the casual snooper, but who has actually had a wardriver try and
connect to them?

After 6 months of a totaly open network (like - I'm trying to encourage
someone to connect!!)
I have only once had someone associate, and then it was only for about 30
seconds ( until they realized they were on the wrong network).

What are they going to do anyway? send spam through your internet access?
download porn?  add you to the tally of open AP's they have "cracked"?