[MLB-WIRELESS] WEP vs MAC Filter vs WEP + MAC Filter

Winder winder at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 22 01:16:47 EST 2005

MAC addresses are easy to change.

But I understand what you are trying to do, and the best option is to use
all of the options you have. Turn off SSID broadcast, Change the defaults
SSID value, use a mixture of case etc not just plain words, turn on MAC
filtering, and WEP / WPA or whatever is the latest standard your gear
supports. Turn off DHCP and only use statics, and limit the wireless subnet
to something very small. If you want to be annoying, run one of those false
SSID generation tools so that any wardrivers will get inundated with false
APs while yours is obscured in it all, turn it off when you are not using
it.

Regards,
g at z.