[MLB-WIRELESS] APANA Melbourne City hub closing down...

Peter Long peterlong at rocketmail.com
Tue Sep 14 20:58:55 EST 2004

I was at the APANA meeting when they first discussed
wireless networking.  I would have thought that at
least they would have set up a small hub on the roof.
I remember we even had a map of where people were and
what networking could have been done.  But as usual
with lack of interest from anyone and the idea fell
through.  Unfortunately I moved to Sydney and was
unable to get involved.

BTW Abo did you ever get that community wireless
happening in the outback community that you talked
about?

I doubt if any organisation could afford $300 per
month just to reserve a meeting room.  Things have
certainly changed from the days of 28.8k modems and a
phone line for each.  Now we are discussing VOIP over
wireless networks which will free us all from the
Telstra network.

Anyway just my opinion........

Peter Long

BTW I think one of those modems is mine!

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail