[MLB-WIRELESS] Node GPR v3.0

Ben Grech bgrech at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 23 18:04:05 EST 2004

Hi,

Node GPR in Reservoir is up and running in it's third (and hopefully final) hardware revision. AP is now a Senao unit feeding a collinear omni for roughly 32dBm EIRP. DHCP and OSPF are provided by a WRT54G that I hope to use to link to another MW AP. So far the only nodes I've seen from there are HVC and GVQ, but the signals weren't quite strong enough for a link. A slightly taller mast is in planning and will hopefully make a link to HVC possible.

I'm hoping GPR will be a good node for people in Reservoir and the outer Northern suburbs to link up to. In the Kismet scan I did last weekend I picked up APs in Ivanhoe, Bundoora, Mill Park, Broadmeadows, and even Cragieburn, so it's got good range. (For the curious, the full Kismet log is here: http://www.users.on.net/bgrech/Kismet-Oct-16-2004-1.xml )

If anyone would like to know if they can get a signal from their place, email me off list and we can organise a time for me to bring some equipment around for testing.

Cheers,
Ben.