[MLB-WIRELESS] IP Allocations

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Thu Nov 25 08:49:41 EST 2004

That's what I initially thought......however we are running fine in EOF
with everyone in area 9.  That is, we have nobody configured as being in
area 0.

>That'd be great except it doesn't work...
>
>one of the requirements for ospf operation is that AREA 0 MUST be
reachable> so you cannot have a disconnected area 1 or area 2 so if you
have a small >cluster that's not connected to the larger melbwireless
network you need to> use area0 for now and change to your actual region ID
once someone in your> area links to the MW core.

>btw the default timer for OSPF really really suck on wireless where the
lin>k disappears for several minutes so we really should change the dead
time t>o at least 3 minutes