[MLB-WIRELESS] Bridge versus AP

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Mon Nov 8 19:22:53 EST 2004

They should be one and the same.

An Access Point will bridge between your wireless network and your LAN.

Many access points support Point-to-Point bridging mode which means they
don't accept client connections they only link with another identical AP in
the same mode and bridge the two LAN's at either location to make them
appear like one larger LAN.

Idealy if you want to join several LAN's together and not operate as an
Access Point accepting client connections then bridging is a much better
suited and more secure option.