COMM [MLB-WIRELESS] Node on a pole picture (info for Newbies)

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 08:57:47 EST 2004

Hehe, we had a feeling it wouldn't take you long to chime in Jamie. :)

For the record I honestly didn't intend for the post to be bait for
advertisements for the gear in the picture (or similar), but upon
reflection it does kinda look that way.  I was more like "Oooh look at
the cool gear".

I personally am interested in this sort of gear but by no means do I
think it's the only way to go about setting up a node.  At the moment my
node is an old Pentium mini-tower in a cabinet above my toilet out the
back where my mast is.  It's a very cheap way to put a node together and
there's nothing wrong with it. :)

I also throw my wholehearted support behind those who create homebrew
Omnis, Waveguides, Cantennas and modify Conifer antennas.  You really
don't have to spend a lot of money to set up a decent node.  But
sometimes it's nice to look at the cool gear out there and dream a
little.

Dan