[MLB-WIRELESS] MW event day?

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Wed Mar 31 21:11:13 EST 2004

At 18:20 31/03/04, rick wrote:
>becouse thats how they did it in nzwireless you dont want to make it 2 hard
>it defeats the point, and in any melways square it could be on any of thoue
>houses, i dont mean sticking 8db antennas onit, just stock minitars, people
>still have to FINd the next ap

Yes, you'd want to make people have to find the AP itself and prove that
they did.  There's a number of ways you could do this.  Traditionally,
devices such as orienteering punches are used for this task, but you could
do something simpler, such as have a sticker on the AP with a secret word
or phrase on it, and everyone in the event has to record the phrase on a
sheet of paper or card.

>this wouldnt be a fox hunt in the ham sence, its just a kind of a treasure
>hunt event, and even still you could use the melways refrence as a
>approximent ie that square or the 8 around it,

It's actually rather similar to what we call "Fox-Oring", except for the
fact that we'd be driving between APs, rather than walking or running.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com