[MLB-WIRELESS] MW event day?

Tony Langdon (ATC) tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Mar 31 09:59:02 EST 2004

> if we ran a war driving/foxhunt day where we had cars of 2+
> people in it
> driving around Melbourne going from access point to get the midways
> reference to the next AP sort of event, where a team win a
> (small) prize and
> there's a bbq at the end, many/any people interested in this
> kind of thing?

Well, this idea has potential, and there's a number of ways it could be
done.  Personally, I think it's probably best if we use our own APs or
"public" APs such as those of MW members.

There's also scope for foot events in the larger parks as well.

If you want to pursue this further, I'd be happy to be involved in a "WiFI
Sport" working group (hmm, see you on the wiki?), as I could borrow ideas
from foxhunting, ARDF and orienteering to help us come up with interesting
competitive events.

> I just figure with winter creeping up this would be a event
> we could run
> will being in the safety of our cars

Yes, "WiFi foxhunts" would be a good choice for winter.

> also could gain some prestige for teams from particular
> regional groups
>
> could also invite MLUG and the other Linux people and any
> other melb pc
> groups
>
> if your interested send me a email

Count me in.  I'll setup a WG on the wiki.  Look for WGWiFiSport :-)