[MLB-WIRELESS] Commercial use of MW network

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Wed Mar 3 22:43:22 EST 2004

it's an iffy area, it depends what the company is doing with it and what
sort of traffic and whether any money is exchanging hands as to whether it's
legal by ACA regulations.

without proper legal advice we would be best to steer clear of anything
like.

As I mentioned, personally, I'd be very pissed off if I discovered a company
was using any part of the network I was helping run and would make this VERY
clear to them. :-\

In my opinion a company should morally and ethically NOT use a community
network to save themselves money.  I don't know any non-profit community
group that would allow a company to use their resources in order to save
themselves money.

The committee and members will need to discuss this position to decide where
we stand with regards to non-individuals or community/non-profit groups
using the network and actual companies