[MLB-WIRELESS] GHO on Locfinder

najmead at swiftdsl.com.au najmead at swiftdsl.com.au
Tue Feb 10 11:19:48 EST 2004

> Hi,
>
> I see that all the links to GHO on Locfinder have been deleted.  Good
> thing, I say.  Even when GHO was up, some of those lines on the map were
> very theoretical and some downright fictional.  It would be good if more
> people updated their Locfinder entries to reflect their present setup.
> Some of the green lines on the map seem to show links that either never
> existed or might have existed for a short time many months ago.

On a vaguely related note... my experience as a n00b...

I tried to update my node.  Had some difficulties with the website, which
now appear to be resolved.  Unfortunately, when I tried to look up my
address automatically, it could not be found.  Damn.  Tried to use the
manual system which takes me to this fantastic Land Victoria site.  Except
land.vic gave my location in terms of degrees, minutes and seconds and
melbourne wireless needed the information in decimals.  Took me a little
bit of time to figure out why my node kept being registered in the middle
of nowhere.  I needed to covert between formats :)

Anyway... node HAD is up and registered.  I have a two-story townhouse, so
I think I could get line of sight to a few of the nearby nodes if I could
get an antenna installed on the roof, but I think there are some safety
laws about two-story properties.