[MLB-WIRELESS] DSL & Wireless

vak at alphalink.com.au vak at alphalink.com.au
Tue Feb 3 20:51:06 EST 2004

/me puts on flame suit ready for action....

I thought linux and easy were two mutually exclusive words ?

There are *apparently* a few PCI wireless cards that work under *nix.

(I have been told that the $60 no name cheapies that can be found at your
average computer shop do work).

A suggestion for easily bough PCI card is the NetGear MA311.

So it goes DSL/Router -> AP ->Linux wireless or Windows wireless.

If you're keen on security, I'd suggest picking up a router that supports
IPsec VPN termination.

Cheers,

Vaskos