[MLB-WIRELESS] Proxim Harmony 802.11a AP

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 14:40:44 EST 2004

>I like the idea of these, but as stated buy Tony (i think) where does it
>mention
>5.8 GHz?
>
>Where does one stand doing 5.2 GHz with external antenna's in australia?

I think the cheaper units' default firmware allows only 5.2GHz.  On the
SeattleWireless list they talk about using 5.2 and 5.8GHz.  The more
expensive version has a firmware that lets you use all channels.  The first
model in the link below has all channels unlocked.

http://www.centrix-intl.com/?DirectBuy=yes&ItemPartNumber=8570

I'm not sure if it's a different card (Atheros PCMCIA) in the more expensive
version or if it's just a different firmware that allows 5.8Ghz operation.
For now it might be a safer bet to get the slightly more expensive one.  But
make sure it has removable antennas - not all of them do.

Dan