[MLB-WIRELESS] winds

Craig Mead craig at australianwireless.org
Fri Sep 26 12:32:52 EST 2003

> You guys mustn't have done terribly sturdy installations... :-\
>
> Skimping out on a few guy wires here and there?  Mast pole not strong
> enough to support the weight and wind loading of what's on it?  Base of
> mast not in the right type of mount point for the type of
> installation/location?

Was my actual Omni which snapped in half, not the mounting.
It was an ex-demo unit or something which Cisco donated and had been snapped
open to show the innards off to people I believe. It was then rebuilt using
electrical tape. During the 100km/hr++ winds in Sydney a few weeks back it
must have just wiggled around enough that it slipped out of the electrical
tape.

I have now "fixed" it. By using more electrical tape this time.

Only a temporary measure as I'm going back to back 180 degree waveguides as
soon as we get them machined.

:  )