[MLB-WIRELESS] Monthly Meeting Reminder - This Friday 12 Sep 2003

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Tue Sep 9 17:37:22 EST 2003

As an added bonus this month, one of our Members will have equipment at
the meeting to perform the following tests:-

* Cable loss
* RF transmit power
* RF transmit spectrum
* Antenna VSWR / Return Loss versus frequency
* Amplifier gain
* Some others....

So bring along any bits you want tested!

James
Treasurer

| Hi All,
|
| Just a quick reminder to let you know that we are holding our monthly
| members meeting this Friday night.
|
| There will be a discussion regarding security and access control
| pertaining to wireless networking with practical solutions to securing
| your wireless setup.
|
| WHEN: 7pm, Friday 12th September
| WHERE: Hawthorn Scout Hall - 13 Victoria Street, Hawthorn
| WHY:
| 1) Meet like minded people in a social environment - perhaps even meet
| people in your local area.
| 2) Show and tell - have a look and/or play with equipment you might not
| normally get a chance to see - Bring your own gear along as well!
| 3) Free advice - ask plenty of questions
| 4) Enjoy the BBQ we put on!
|
| Entry to the meeting, the drinks and food are by gold coin donation.
| These help us pay for hire of the hall.
|
| Further details can be found here:
|
| http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/wiki/?Meeting20030912
|
| See you there!

- --
"Oder tis moodle in der noggin tu smacken der ouchey und
vinger-slingers ur to smacken-backen und fix de morkin, yoobetcha!"
~                           - The Sweedish Chef.

personal : jimmy at deefa.com / Work: james at rainbowbooks.com.au
MelbWireless: treasurer at wireless.org.au
msn: jimmy at deefa.com / ICQ : 6370237
publicKey: http://www.deefa.com/publicKey.txt