[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 07/09/2003

Nick Sibbing nick.sibbing at arts.monash.edu.au
Mon Sep 8 14:28:48 EST 2003

Fenn Bailey wrote:

> Anyone had much of a play with these beasties?
>
> Know much about receive sense/power output/etc/etc?
>
> They're certainly cheap enough, and call be crazy, but 8M of RAM and a
> 200MHz MIPS processor makes me think they might be a good candidate for
> linux runnage.
>
> Mast mounted linux AP for $90 would be very sweet.

Gday Fenn
not at all sure if you can extrapolate but the Minitar site also lists a
pci card and its power/sensitivity specs are listed as:
Output Power  +15dBm, 10mW/MHz for Japan
Receive sensitivity Min. -80dBm for 11Mbps (@BER 10E-5) Min. -84dBm for
5.5/2/1 Mbps (@BER 10E-5)

But the ap is a bit of a mystery

Regards Nick