[MLB-WIRELESS] GDW->GHO

Richard Van Orsouw Richard.Van.Orsouw at optus.com.au
Mon Sep 8 08:50:07 EST 2003

After much adjusting/mucking about, I have finally determined that the
problems I was experiencing to GHO was due to packet length. If you remember
earlier, I mentioned that my UDP packets worked fine, and I assumed that
this was due to it being a connectionless packet transfer (ie fire and
forget). In actual fact, the reason being is that UDP packets are 512 bytes
in length. After adjusting the MTU size (300-460) of my nodes on my internal
LAN not just nodeGDW's gateway box itself, I am able to sustain reliable
data transfer. In conclusion, in noisy environments, packets that are too
large are dropped.

Cheers,

Richard.