[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless connection of 2 wired networks

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Wed Oct 15 19:50:38 EST 2003

Heya Gang,

Kewl - it seems that with the AP's working as a bridge the "garbage" that
doesn't have to go over the link won't, thus reducing "waste" and/or "slow
downs" - that's very handy.

Plus, the Linux "brctl" system will do the same thing.

So, that's one of the issues gone - how about the others, specifically:

1. Snoopers - can someone listen in to the traffic going back & forth
between the AP's in bridge mode? If so, what options are there for encryption?

2. Hackers - can someone with a wireless card break into either end of the
bridge and get into the network?

Sorry if I'm asking obvious questions - just I don't have the answers and
would like them. Feel free to point me towards web pages where I should be
reading up on this if that's best :)

Cheers,

Grant

PS      I'm not the guy who asked the question in the first place - I was
just pondering solutions and started to wonder about it...

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

685 Spencer St, West Melbourne, VIC 3003
Ph: +61 3 8327 0829             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au