[MLB-WIRELESS] Avaya AP-3

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at hotblack.net
Mon May 19 13:58:23 EST 2003

Howdy,

> Yes I realise that its most direct equivalent would be the AP-2000, apart
> from G support?. I just meant I dont have any direct experience with them,
> just the AP-1000s instead =)

I believe that there's alreeady 54Mbps support with an 802.11a card (and I
would think that .g is supported with the a/b/g cards?).  All this would
need is a firmware upgrade.

> Impressive, they sould like they could be very handy for backbones+APs.

Indeed, and they're not terribly expensive for an AP of this sort of
flexibility and capabilities - they are available from Harris Tech
(www.ht.com.au) for $499 GST INC.

I've tested the Avaya and Orinoco cards in an AP3 but I haven't had any
success with the Enterasys cards - is there a firmware update available to
support the Enterasys cards?

.t