[MLB-WIRELESS] 45 a/h AGM GMB-N Marathon batteries

gone_sailing gone_sailing at bigpond.com
Tue May 13 21:20:41 EST 2003

Ryan,
I would be very careful buying any kind of lead acid battery, particularly
if it has been stored for some time.
(1) Lead acid batterys (sealed or not) go flat on their own accord if not
charged regularly.
(2) Flat lead acid batterys sulphate up, that is the sulphur from the
sulphuric acid coats the plates forming an insulator which prevents the
battery from being charged.
You might get a better run out of a packet of AA dry cells if the SLA
batterys you are proposing to buy have been sitting on a pallate for the
last two years.

It might be wise to ask for assurity that the batterys have at least 75%
capacity before parting with your hard earned $

Alan Barrow
remove no-spam from the from address before replying.