[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbwirelses DNS and Domain Names

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Mon May 12 12:26:55 EST 2003

...the problem when we hit this idea is that things just stop because
people get scared :-p
That happened when trying to sort out IP address ranges and in the end we
went with something not internet routable.

Seems if we want to connect the wireless network to the internet one day we
need to change all of our IP's and routing setup, so we might as well
change all the DNS at the same time as we do that.

At this stage personally I think if people want their box to be accessable
from the Internet they use their own link and have a proper DNS name setup
with their ISP to resolve to their box.

comments?

www.sensationbot.com