[MLB-WIRELESS] Need HELP please!!!

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Wed May 7 13:14:19 EST 2003

the subnet masks don't match...

with NETMASK=255.255.255.0

you will see the gateway on network 192.186.1.0 but the eth1 card is on
192.168.10.0

change the gateway to 192.168.10.1 ???

On Wed, 7 May 2003 12:32 pm, Mikel Pretty wrote:
> This is the setup of ifcfg-eth0 on both machines (yes each machine has diff
> ip just cant be fagged putting seperate ones in for each machine)
>
> DEVICE=eth0
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=static
> IPADDR=10.12.0.1
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
>
> This is the setup of ifcfg-eth1 on both machines (yes each machine has diff
> ip just cant be fagged putting seperate ones in for each machine)
>
> DEVICE=eth1
> ONBOOT=yes
> TYPE=wireless
> BOOTPROTO=static
> IPADDR=192.168.10.2
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> ESSID=test
> MODE=Ad-Hoc
> HWADDR=00:0c:30:d4:b0:f4
> RATE=auto
> CHANNEL=11
>
> With each machine set up the same I can not get them to ping etc.  I hope
> someone can help as I have started to run out of ideas.
>
> Thanks
> Mikel

>**** This footnote confirms this email has been checked for the presence of
> viruses however our liability is limited to the resupply of attachments
> only.
>
> Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual
> sender, and not necessarily those of Sunraysia Institute of TAFE.

Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
caia.swin.edu.au
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824