[MLB-WIRELESS] DLink Gear

Jason Hecker jhecker at www.wireless.org.au
Fri May 2 09:41:43 EST 2003

Hrm,

I am putting up two 900AP+'s using v2.56 of the firmware and in bridge
mode today.  The link is about 700m clear across rooftops and I'm using
21dBi antennas at each end with 7m of LMR-500 and 10m of LMR-400.  It
should scream in.  I'll post photos of the install and link results next
week.  The bridge worked fine in the office this morning.

Even some packet loss with only 1Mbit will be better than what we have now
(walking between buildings with CD-RW).

2.56 says 100% is now 17dMb...

jASON

On Thu, 1 May 2003 bchild at wireless.org.au wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My experiences from the Dlink 900+'s have been up and down at the end of
> the day I have them running in a supposely 22mbps link, in bridge mode.
> The links distance is 1.61km's and it is using firmware 2.52.  I have a
> tree that is partly in the way and does make the signal drop anywhere from
> 5db - 10db which isn't to bad, on a overall scale I have roughly 6% packet
> loss.
>
> End of the day they're not bad, don't crank them to 19dbm in the firmware
> page leave them at 15dbm (50%) and they seem fine, just remeber to give
> them alot of freznel clearance and keep the TX & basic rates the same as
> I've found this causes some problems on some links I've looked at.
>
> my 2 cents.
>
> Regards Glen
> (Nodes AAC,FTA)

Cheers,