[MLB-WIRELESS] DLink Gear

bchild at wireless.org.au bchild at wireless.org.au
Thu May 1 23:57:58 EST 2003

Hi All,

My experiences from the Dlink 900+'s have been up and down at the end of
the day I have them running in a supposely 22mbps link, in bridge mode.
The links distance is 1.61km's and it is using firmware 2.52.  I have a
tree that is partly in the way and does make the signal drop anywhere from
5db - 10db which isn't to bad, on a overall scale I have roughly 6% packet
loss.

End of the day they're not bad, don't crank them to 19dbm in the firmware
page leave them at 15dbm (50%) and they seem fine, just remeber to give
them alot of freznel clearance and keep the TX & basic rates the same as
I've found this causes some problems on some links I've looked at.

my 2 cents.

Regards Glen
(Nodes AAC,FTA)