[MLB-WIRELESS] Pivoting Mast Problem

bchild at wireless.org.au bchild at wireless.org.au
Tue Mar 25 11:06:36 EST 2003

Hi Jason,

> The mast is 2 * 6.5 metre poles which are insert 500m into one another
> which gives me 12 metres high.

if the pole lengths are 6.5mtrs in length and if i got this rite 1 is
inserted inside the the other, then it's 12.5mtrs high okies.  If that's
the
case yeah a pulley system would be good.

> I was thinking of a pulley system which mikey showed me on how stuff
> works.

> Pully System
> http://members.optushome.com.au/jxuereb/pulleysystem.gif

If you were able to get say a couple of ladders that could get up to 6
mtrs, then u could raise the inner section, which 1 would reduce the
stress and strain on the pole as u are raising it up. and to gives it a
lower centre of gravitiy not making it as heavy.

> Someone else asked how many times I was going to put it up and down. At
> first hopefully its staying up. But then I plan to add another two
> antenna's. One for another directional link and another omni to serve
> end users around me.

> So thats 2-3 other times.

well, if the mast was designed that the centre piece could be lowered down
into itself you could work of the ladder and the base wouldn't have to
move, the same thing as we do with telomasts.

> Pivot lets me take it down rather quickly aswell. Undo turnbuckles and
> slowly lower it just in case I think its going to be blown away or the
> cops come around. :)

Regards Glen
(Nodes AAC,FTA)