[MLB-WIRELESS] Pivoting Mast Problem

Jason Xuereb jxuereb at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 25 10:56:06 EST 2003

The mast is 2 * 6.5 metre poles which are insert 500m into one another which
gives me 12 metres high.

I was thinking of a pulley system which mikey showed me on how stuff works.

Pully System
http://members.optushome.com.au/jxuereb/pulleysystem.gif

When we erected his 14 metre mast on a pivot it was damn hard and nearly
drilled me into the ground trying to get it up. Mine will be on a 2.6 metre
veranda and you need to watch where you step at times. Thats why I wanted a
system of pulling it up. So even if we wanted to stop it would hold where it
was.

Someone else asked how many times I was going to put it up and down. At
first hopefully its staying up. But then I plan to add another two
antenna's. One for another directional link and another omni to serve end
users around me.

So thats 2-3 other times.

Pivot lets me take it down rather quickly aswell. Undo turnbuckles and
slowly lower it just in case I think its going to be blown away or the cops
come around. :)