[MLB-WIRELESS] Mast mounted wish list

tparker at netspace.net.au tparker at netspace.net.au
Sun Mar 23 08:02:08 EST 2003

Hi Ben,

Nice to see such serious techs on the list.  I think I'm going to agree with the
others about build your own cost etc.  The risk of getting something wrong and
wasting the whole run would be too much for me.

> What we need to do is get someone like dlink onside, give us full technical
> specs (including firmware source) for the dwl900ap (140$) and write up a new
> firmware for it that includes meshing at the MAC layer...  POE, meshing up a
> pole, etc...
> Anyone got any strong (!) contacts at dlink?  (perhaps even under NDA?)

This is not a dlink created unit, it is an OEM unit.  It works just as well with
at least the Linksys WAP firmware/snmp software.  I guess if you signed the NDA
with atmel you could get the cpu details, but perhaps the chipset isn't even
capable of IBSS?

The soekris seems to be a popular choice, perhaps the momentum will build for a
TIB buy.

Cheers,
Tom (fxs/www.wiresncode.com)

This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au