[MLB-WIRELESS] TIB reform.

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Wed Mar 19 19:52:03 EST 2003

Hi Paul,

> OK, rating works to keep the good apples, etc. but how to authenticate?
> currently it is buyer beware.

Easily - we establish and confirm a few basic details of the seller.

Phone number, address, copy of drivers licence, proof of address, bank details,
etc
These small things can go a long way tracing someone who's made a dash.

These would be authenticated by the committee. A small way of protecting our
members.

> all I can say is buyer beware adn we are a bunch of cheap skates.  TIB is free
> damn it.  Fenn, tell them all to put up or shut up.  If you don't like the
> way it works, grab the code off Fenn and try and implement a better way...

Fenn did a fantastic job in writing the TIB. He saved a lot of people a lot of
grief.

As with everything we have done so far, things have taken an organic structure.
Things will continue growing and changing.

What we need to do now though is identify the weaknesses (which could not have
been forseen at the time) in the way we use the TIB and to improve on it.

I just want people to assist in forming a "wish list" of what **WE** want to TIB
to be.

Cheers,

Vaskos
-------