[MLB-WIRELESS] DLink 900+ speed problems in bridge mode (and link up!)

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Tue Mar 11 20:04:21 EST 2003

Good stuff. Congrats on getting your link up.

Your problem with 5.5 Megabits at 2.5km is explainable (sitting next to each
other is not so easy to explain).

At 2.5mk, you probably don't have a high enough signal to noise ratio to allow
the units to work at the higher speeds.

In short, the signal to noise ratio is low enough that the modulation techniques

at 11 and 22mbps don't function properly (they may allow a few spurious packets
to get through).

You are better fixinging the speed to 5.5mbps (instead of auto) so that the
DLink won't try and renegotiate the higher speeds.

Vaskos
-------