[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: Legality of 465.5625 MHz - 467.7125 MHz in Australia

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Thu Jul 24 03:44:25 EST 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 tparker at netspace.net.au wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm in the states doing some shopping.  I'm hoping someone can give me an answer
> on the license free use of
> http://www.buy.com/retail/clearance/dotd.asp?loc=114&sku=70011468 radios in
> Australia.
>
> Specs are
>
> # 465.5625 MHz - 467.7125 MHz

Hi Tom,

Looks like a great price (currently $USD14.95 for those that miss the sale
price on that URL), but I don't think these are legal in Australia.

http://www.aca.gov.au/aca_home/legislation/radcomm/class_licences/lipd.rtf

The only entry I could find which which overlaps that range is item 37,
450-500.99373MHz @3.5nW (yeah, nanowatts!), and it's specifically for
communications underground.

In Australia the equivalent "personal use/non CB" walkie talkies operate
around 433MHz (item 17)

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe - Melbourne, Australia