[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB-23/01/2003

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 24 23:18:44 EST 2003

At 05:41 PM 24/01/2003 +1100, paul van den bergen wrote:

>out of US, europe and Japan (and Aust) only the last has access to all 14
>channels, even if the top ones are power limited...

Not now.  They changed the SS class licence.  All channels are 4W EIRP now. :)

>why is this important?
>well, you can only have adjacent channels more than 3 apart...
>
>that means you can have 1, 5, 9, and 13 (or, adding 1 to each, 2, 6, 10, and
>14). that is 4 colours... er channels.. in a given geographic area... right?
>so how many colours does it take to fill in a map?

For no overlap, you have to be 5 channels apart...  That's

1, 6, 11
OR
2, 7, 12
OR
3, 8, 13

>I would like to suggest that MW try to limit itself to using either of these
>sets of signals only...1,5,9,and 13, and... 2,6,10 and 14.  this means that
>if you want to carve out new wireless territory (homesteading the wireless
>wilderness) and you impinge on someone elses footprint, you can choose from
>the maximum number of channels for the lowest interference (lowest noise,
>greatest throughput)...
>
>someone do a sanity check on this for me...

Still only 3 non overlapping channels.  If some overlap can be tolerated,
you can go to 4 channels.

73 de Tony, VK3JED
http://vkradio.com