[MLB-WIRELESS] mast receive amp

Stygen stygen at wafreenet.org
Fri Jan 17 18:31:12 EST 2003

We have been using send/receive amplifiers on a few of our AP's for
quite some time.  The difference in functionality they made was amazing.
They have the effect of not only amplifying send and receive, but also
(believe it or not) have also reduced signal.  The main consideration
when using an amp is to remain under the max allowable power.  This
means that an AMP should not be used with anything other than an
omni-directional antenna (eg. Waveguide).  Even with an omni, it is a
rare situation that would allow for anything more than a 1/4W amp, and
remain under power.

Regards,

Stygen

www.sensationbot.com