[MLB-WIRELESS] d-link 54mbit .G stuff?

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Mon Jan 13 03:44:33 EST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Joris wrote:

> http://www.dlink.com/products/wireless/dwl2000ap/ has the product specs
> of dlinks 54mbit ap. No word on free updates if the G-draft they used
> doesn't end up compatible (like that other manufacturer did), but it has
> "15 dBm (32 mW) ± 2dB", wich is twice the power of the 900+ ap.

Hmmm, the specs at http://www.dlink.com.au/products/wireless/dwl900ap+/
that the transmit power of the 900AP+ is exactly the same as the
DWL2000AP... 15 dBm (32 mW) +/- 2dB

I just applied the latest 900AP+ firmware upgrade at
http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers/files/wireless/dwl900ap+.htm , which
lets you set the "Antenna transmit power" to:

100% 19dBm
50% 16dBm
25% 13dBm
12.5% 10dBm

I'm not sure whether this is the output at the SMA connector, or it
includes the gain of the 2.5dB default antenna, but it looks like it has
increased either way.

I notice it now also lets you select left, right and diversity without
having to use the secret weca.htm menu. It would be handy if they changed
the wording of 'left' and 'right' to mean something less ambiguous for
this model. :)

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe - Melbourne, Australia